Tiles are an integral part of a construction project. And to better maintain the quality of the tiles, it is necessary to put a grout to fill in the spaces between tiles and protect the tiles and the surfaces underneath. Grout prevents any moisture that could penetrate under the tiles and could damage your flooring. It is, therefore, essential to know which grout to use in your tile project. There are four types of grouts such as unsanded, fine sanded, quarry type, and epoxy. Today, grout is even better because of Prism Grout. Prism Grout is made of special cement, recycled aggregates, and chemicals. These are dense grout joints that are more durable than ordinary grout. Moreover, it is also resistant to common household stains. So, your flooring will definitely last longer if you use Prism Grout instead of typical grouts.
As important as it is for us to know the great benefits of Prism Grout, it is also crucial for us to learn the common issues with this type of grout before we decide to use it. This article compiles information about Prism Grout, including the common problems with it.
What are the common complaints about Prism Grout?
Although Prism got a favorable score from their customers, there are still a few complaints about the product. In fact, in The Home Depot, Prism got a 4.30-star rating out of 830 reviews, and 64% recommend using this product. But here are a few issues you might encounter with Prism Grout:
There are many complaints about the colors of the prism grout. Some of these are the mismatch of colors as indicated in the box. Sometimes, it’s the right color, but after mixing it with water, applying it, and drying it, the color changes to another shade that doesn’t match the flooring. Some reported that the color washed out as it was being applied. Some also say that the color chart is misleading because it is not the exact color you will get after drying it. One customer even said that the color is nowhere near what is picture.
Grout does not cure
There are complaints from customers who say that the grout does not cure completely, is too soft or too hard, etc. But those may be due to the wrong portion of water mixed in it or not following its proper use.
Grout dries up and harden too fast
Some of the issues of Prism Grout poor directions resulting in wasted product. According to the users, they have followed the indicated in the instruction, but the grout had a problem. It dried and hardened too fast. As a result, many portions of grout are wasted. Some have recommended mixing half of the grout at a time to avoid this problem.
Summary of customers’ experience on Prism Grout?
Customers’ overall experience with Prism Grout is great
This innovation in grouts is admirable. According to comments on online forums and reviews on online stores, many are amazed by the product. There were a few complaints and problems, but these were only minor and easy to work with. In fact, some of it was just customers’ errors. So, if you look at the overall experience of customers with Prism Grout, we could say that it has been good so far. In fact, 4.3
out of 830 reviews got its rating on The Home Depot, and 64% recommended this product.
How to manage common Prism Grout problems?
There are no major disadvantages of Prism Grout. Here’s how you can manage minor issues you might encounter with Prism Grout:
- Do not mix with water as it may tend to shrink, crack and have pinholes.
- Double-check the color of the grout inside the box if it matches.
- Purchase a sample first to make sure you are choosing the right colors for your tiles.
- Strictly follow the application instruction and do not attempt to add any other chemicals.
Pros and cons of Prism grout
Prism Grout Pros
- Durable, hard, and dense grout joints are unlike the typical grout, as it uses cement-based grout technology.
- More stain-resistant the regular grout.
- No efflorescence
- It has a wide variety of colors. Prism Grout has 40 shades that you can choose from.
- Fast drying and easy to apply, which will only take 4 hours to completely dry.
- No need to seal and no need to mix with water.
Prism Grout Cons
- Comes with a large packaging, which is suitable for larger projects. Let alone, it doesn’t have a resealable container. Therefore, you need to consume it all at once.
- Tends to waste more product because it hardens so fast.
- Colors also fades a little lighter after drying which may mismatch the colors of the flooring.
- Can shrink, crack and have pinholes if mix with water.
Is Prism Grout worth it?
Yes, Prism Grout is worth it. Aside from being more durable and having more color choices, it is affordable. It also does not require a painstaking application process because it is very easy to put on the joints of tiles. Also, based on customers ’comments, this is actually a better product than regular grout.