Rite in the Rain is an all-weather pocket notebook designed to endure any splashes, stains, and any weather condition. It was created in early 1900 by Alec Polson in his search for a paper where you can write, protect, and keep valuable details and withstand the inclement weather conditions in the Northwest Pacific region. Rite in the Rain paper has become a solution for outdoor professions that need you to record valuable data.
Rite in the Rain needs a reliable writing tool such as a pen and pencils. But what pens work on Rite in the Rain paper? An all-weather pen works on Rite in the Rain paper. Some of the brands also work with Rite and the Rain, including Sharpie markers, Zebra Mackee Double Sided Name Markers, Staedtler Lumocolor Permanent, Marvy LePen Technical Drawing Pens, and even the Pilot Envelope Pen.
What is the best pen for Rite in the Rain notebooks?
Rite in the Rain produces their own pen and pencils that work best with their papers. Mechanical pencils and All-weather pens best work with Rite in the Rain paper, including:
- Pocket pens– cost $13.95 for 2 pens. It has a convertible cap, which is securely onto the end of the pen. It can write at any angle because of the pressurized ink cartridge that works in extreme weather (-30F to 250F) or underwater (up to 35 ft).
- Pelt-clip pens- cost around $13.95/ 2 pens. It has an oversized clip that you can easily attach to your pants, pockets, or belts. It has a permanent ink that writes through water, sweat, grease, and mud without clumping or smearing. This works best for heavy works like construction, firefighters, automotive, etc.
- Plastic and Metal clickers– are durable pens using a pressurized ink cartridge that works well under extreme weather conditions or underwater. These pens can write through water, sweat, grease, and mud without smudge.
- Metal bullet pen– it is compact that you can carry around easily. It is also designed to withstand extreme weather conditions and write through water, sweat, grease, and mud without smudge.
- Mechanical pencils– it is tough, refillable, and dependable. It is the most preferred writing tool for Rite in the Rain papers, with its 1.3mm thick lead that writes vividly in any Rite in the Rain Paper.
Do pens work on Rite in the Rain?
Yes, pens work on Rite in the Rain paper, preferably an All-Weather Metal Pen, which can write on wet paper at any angle. Although pencils and all-whether pens are preferred, you can also use ballpoints for Rite in the Rain paper. Brands like Uniball Power Tank, Jetstream, BIC, or Fisher pens. Rite in the Rain material is designed to withstand the elements of almost all types of pen.
What pens can you use with Rite in the Rain?
All-weather pens or any regular pens would work in Rite in the Rain papers. All-weather pens such as Fisher Space Pen work well in wet papers, whereas ballpoint pens can work when dry. Sharpie is also a good brand of writing tools that can be used for Rite in the Rain papers because they use permanent inks that are waterproof and more likely to repel water. They have permanent markers, ultra-fine, extra-fine, fine pens, retractable tips, gel pens, or rollerball pens suitable for Rite in the Rain papers.
Here are some of the pens that you can use to write on RITR paper:
- Fisher AG7 Astronaut Pen
- Rite in Rain All-Weather Clicker Pen 93K
- Pilot Downforce Pen
- Zebra F-xMD Ballpoint Pen
- Tombow Air press Pen
- Fisher Space Pen Trekker
- Uni Power Tank Pen
- Schon DSGN Classic Pen
Do you need a special pen for Rite in the Rain notebook?
There is no special pen required for Rite in the Rain paper because its materials can withstand almost all kinds of pens, like rollerballs, ballpoints, fine liners, fountain pens, and many more. However, most of the time, it only works when the paper is dry because there could be an issue if the ink used is not water-proof and likely to smudge. It is recommended to use an all-weather pen or pencil for wet Rite in the Rain papers. Generally, all-weather pens and mechanical pencils are designed to withstand extreme weather conditions and write through water, sweat, grease, and mud without smudging the paper.
Pen suggestions for Rite in the Rainwater-resistant paper?
Although you can use any type of pen in Rite in the Rain papers or notebooks, here are some of the pens that you can check out in your local stores or on the website:
- Rite in Rain All-Weather pens
- Sharpie markers and pens
- Zebra Mackee Double Sided Name Markers
- Staedtler Lumocolor Permanent
- Marvy LePen Technical Drawing Pens
- Pilot Envelope Pen
Does Rite in the rain notebooks work with fountain pens?
Yes, you can use fountain pens in Rite in the Rains papers but, that will be so impractical. Fountain pen inks are water-based while which will not be absorbed by Rite in the Rain papers, which have a waxy layer. It will only work if the paper is dry, and ink will take time to dry.
Does Fisher Space Pen work on Rite in the Rain?
Absolutely! This Fisher Space Pen has waterproof ink, which works best on a Rite in the Rain paper. It can write upside down and at any temperature or even underwater.
Rite in the rain pencil vs. Pen
Pencil is preferred in Rite in the Rain papers. Because the materials used for Rite in the Rain papers are different from any regular notebooks, pens are more likely to smudge because of the ink. Whereas, in pencil it is less likely to smudge because it’s made from lead that boldly marks Rite in the Rain Paper easily.