If you’re a Verizon customer, you may have noticed that your fail light has been turned on lately. This means that there is something wrong with your service and you need to take action. In this blog post, we will explain what the fail light means and how you can fix the problem. We will also provide some tips for avoiding Verizon outages in the future.
If the Verizon ONT fail light is red that means that you are having connection issues. The indicator light usually stays green but if it turns red that means there is a signal issue and the device is unable to operate.
What do the Verizon ONT lights mean?
The Verizon ONT lights provide essential information about the status of your connection. There are usually around eight to nine indicators. They are Power, Battery, Fail, Video, Network, OMI, POTS, Link, and 100mbps.
The power light should be green, indicating that the device is properly connected to a power source. If unlit check your power supply. Flashing indicates the device is running on battery.
The battery backup light will be red if the backup battery is in use, and green when it is not needed. If unlit means that the battery is low or missing, contact your service provider immediately
The Fail light unlit means that everything is normal. If the fail light is red this indicated that the self-test has failed to reconnect the signal. If the red is flickering that means the self-test passed but the signal cannot be established. Call your service provider for assistance.
Network and OMI should be green and stable. Video and POTS all should be unlit. The link should be green and it would be flickering if there is traffic in the connection. If the link is unlit it indicates no ethernet connection is present. The 100mbps would be green if there are 100mbps on the signal.
Why does the Verizon ONT Fail light flash red?
Most people have seen the little red light on their Verizon ONT and wondered what it meant. The Verizon ONT Fail light is an indication that there is a problem with the connection between your home and Verizon’s network. There are a few potential reasons why this might happen, but the most common reasons why this might be happening:
- There may be a problem with the fiber-optic cable that connects your ONT to the Verizon network. This could be due to a loose connection or a break in the cable.
- There may be a problem with the ONT itself. This could be due to a power outage or a hardware failure.
- There may be a problem with the way that your ONT is configured. This could be due to an incorrect setting or an outdated firmware version. If you suspect that this is the case, you can try resetting your ONT to its factory defaults.
If you see that the Verizon Fail light is flashing red, you should contact Verizon customer support for help troubleshooting the issue.
Temporary Workarounds For Internet Access While Waiting For The Internet To Be Repaired
There are a few easy workarounds for getting internet access while your home internet is having issues or being repaired. We are giving a list of portable Wi-FI hotspot solutions to get easy internet access.
- Your smartphone usually comes with hotspot functionality. If you already have an internet package on your phone you can just turn on the hotspot and get internet access. If you can buy internet plans by subscribing to a package provided by your operator.
- Get yourself a portable hotspot device. These come with a monthly subscription and easy high-speed internet where ever you go. Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800L, HTC 5G Hub, etc. are great hotspot devices.
- There is always the option of finding yourself a public Wi-FI connection that you can use whenever you feel necessary.
- USB Wi-FI dongle is an internet modem that contains a 3G or 4G sim card. These are easy and cheap solutions to emergency internet access.
How Much Is It Going to Cost To Fix The Verizon ONT Fail Light Turning Red?
If you encounter that your Verizon ONT Fail Light is flashing and you decide that you will contact the customer service to get it fixed, you might think about how it would cost. You will be glad to know that Verizon does not charge anything for their customer services if the issue is covered by your warranty. Verizon has great after-sale services which makes them one of the best choices in the market.
They will fix your router and even change your ONT router for free if there is any issue with it. The only condition is that if they find any warranty-voiding malicious activity, then they might cancel their warranty. If the warranty is canceled the tech visit would cost you $99 and an additional $60 might be added for other services.
Troubleshooting: ways to fix a “fail light red” in Verizon
If you’re a Verizon customer, you may have noticed a little red light on your router or Fios box. If this light is on, it means that there’s a problem with your service.
- Try rebooting: Restarting the box is often the first troubleshooting step as it can resolve many common issues. To do this, simply unplug the power cord from the back of the box and then plug it back in.
- Check connection: If the light is still red after you restart the box, it may be due to a signal failure. This can be caused by bad weather or a problem with the Verizon network. In this case, you’ll need to wait for the issue to be resolved by Verizon.
- Contact Verizon technician: If the light is red and you’re not able to restart the box or there’s no signal failure in your area, contact a professional for assistance. A technician will be able to diagnose the problem and get your service up and running again.