With the number of security threats online, many are now using encryption software to protect data stored on a computer or network storage system. It secures the movement of data no matter where it’s at in its journey. Kleopatra is one of the well-known software that stores your OpenPGP certificates and keys. It operates as a one-stop shop for working with encrypted files and is very useful in sending PGP and S\MIME encrypted messages.
As great as this software is, it is not available on all gadgets. Kleopatra is only available for Linux and Windows, and it is not available on Mac OS. However, there are many Kleopatra alternatives that can be used for Mac OS.
What is Kleopatra software used for?
Kleopatra is a certificate manager and a universal crypto GUI for GnuPG
Kleopatra originates from Ägypten Projects and was named after an Egyptian pharaoh- Cleoptra. Kleopatra is a certificate manager and a universal crypto GUI for GnuPG, available for Windows and Linux. It is a tool for managing digital certificate X. 509, encrypting, and authenticating text and files using the OpenPGP standard. It operates as a one-stop shop for operating with encrypted files with its ability to make and import keys and encrypt and decrypt files using keys. In a nutshell, it is primarily used to keep confidential information private from the prying eyes of cyberpunks and intelligence-gathering agencies.
Is Kleopatra avaible for Mac?
Kleopatra is not available on Mac
Unfortunately, its service is limited to Linux and Windows. However, there are many alternatives that can be used besides Kleopatra that are suitable for Mac OS, such as GnuPG, AES Crypt, Encrypto, Axcrypt, AES Crypt, GPG Suite, Steadycrypt, GoAnywhere OpenPGP Studio, Cryptix, nCrypted Cloud, and many more. You can always choose which encryption tools that is compatible with Mac OS version that you have. You can get a free version or purchase a subscription.
Kleopatra alternative for mac
Unfortunately, Kleopatra is not available on Mac. Its service is limited to Linux and Windows. However, there are many alternatives that can be used besides Kleopatra that are suitable for Mac OS. According to Kleopatra Alternatives, there are more than 25 alternatives to Kleopatra that supports various platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android. Here are the top ten alternatives for Kleopatra that supports Mac OS:
- GnuPG– have a versatile key management system that allows you to encrypt and sign your data and communication
- AES Crypt – is an advanced file encryption having the most secure feature because of its key length size of 256-bit. It uses brute-force attack that would crack in trillion years.
- Encrypto– is a free and easy-to -use app that protect files with AES-256 encryption. It offers Pdf encryption and is lightweight compared to similar apps that heavily consumes device resources
- Axcrypt– includes cloud storage, mobile encryption and password manager. Axcrypt works offline with real time collaboration and shell integration
- AES Crypt– is a symmetric type of encryption that uses the same key to both encrypt and decrypt data.
- GPG Suite– is a commercial extension for Apple Mail that allows encryption or decryption, signing or verification of a certain file.
- Steadycrypt– is a java-based open-source encryption app for fast encryption of confidential files.
- GoAnywhere OpenPGP Studio– is a free PGP file encryption tool that uses a safer dual-key (asymmetric) system to encrypt and decrypt data in accordance with the Open PGP (GPG) encryption standard.
- Cryptix– is the first cryptographic library for Java and Perl platform.
- nCrypted Cloud- is an encryption tool that allows users to have full control over their Cloud Storage Content while providing enterprise-class data security
How Do I Download Kleopatra alternative on Mac?
Download any alternative you want to your device and agree with the app’s Terms of Distribution
Although Kleopatra remains elusive in Mac OS, using any alternative is not a rocket-science. In fact, most of these alternatives have free versions and are easy to use. Using the Kleopatra alternative depends on the app feature. But most of the time, you don’t need to worry about more advanced settings, because defaults are set for ease of use. You can manage your GPG Keychain easily with a few simple clicks.
Simply, download any alternative you want to your device and agree with the app’s Terms of Distribution. Some have a free- version, and some include a 30-day trial. You can cancel at any time or continue your monthly purchase.
How do I use Kleopatra alternative on Mac?
Using the Kleopatra alternative is very easy, but it depends on your chosen alternative. It also depends on what you need to encrypt, is it GPG, email, or Pdf file? It is best to know the features of each tool and choose the tool that suits your needs.